Monday, January 6, 2014

What I ate in Adelaide in a day.

If you have read my previous post about the train ride from Melbourne to Adelaide, I have mentioned that I was totally out of clue on what to do and what to eat in Adelaide. Thanks to The Hungry Excavator post about where to go in Adelaide, it helps me to look for good food in a shortcut way. Sushi train is one of the shops that highly recommended and he mentioned :

" Could NEVER leave Adelaide without buying takeaway from Sushi Train to eat at the airport.
So delicious. A tradition that must not be broken. "
 photo IMG_0966_zpsb295e965.jpg

Dinner @ SUSHI TRAIN


 photo IMG_0974_zps3099b8c5.jpg

Unagi sushi roll 


 photo IMG_0964_zpsa73497ee.jpg  photo IMG_2525_zpsce9bca95.jpg

 Green Tea Cola, anyone tried this before? Me never!
Ramune is the japanese lemonade. I still prefer green tea cola.  Heh!

   photo IMG_0969_zps862cb139.jpg
Quail Egg sushi- Not fancy about this.

 photo IMG_0968_zpsc6d5f477.jpg

The specialty sauce - the only and one in sushi train. 
   photo IMG_0972_zpsa8f343da.jpg

Karage roll - very crispy and second best compared the rest that I've ordered.


   photo IMG_0971_zps7a95409a.jpg

The best dish - SOFT SHELL CRAB UDON !!
When I was going to leave Adelaide, I was so tempted to take away soft shell crab udon (it was just next to our hotel) but I was quite full from drinking green tea milkshake by that time. While waiting an hour for the next flight in the airport, I was craving for this udon. Feeling so regret for not having it before I left. Now my mission is to find the soft shell crab udon in Melbourne! $12.50 for one bowl of it and 4 soft shell crabs, I would say it is an affordable dish!

Sushi Train, Grenfell on Urbanspoon

Chinatown-Central Market


Dessert @ Mother's Crepe Dessert House 

  photo IMG_0978_zps04bffa1b.jpg  photo IMG_0975_zps33ec899b.jpg


   photo IMG_0976-tile_zps453f5a53.jpg

Mother's Crepe on Urbanspoon

We walked to Central Markets afterward. Feel strange while walking to the Chinatown. Many shops were closed on Saturday and less than 10 people were walking on the streets. Compared to Melbourne, the street of Chinatown is always bustling with people. Had Matcha green tea and Chocolate banana. The portion itself was quite big and it was very fulfilling. Taste creamy, a bit lack of sweetness, and overall, it was okay. Not something that I would go for twice though.


BREAKFAST @ BIG TABLE

Like an old school diner. Located at the central market itself.

Supposed looking forward to have breakfast at Argo but it was closed on weekend. (Told you that I did not plan anything at all for this trip.) Unintentionally found this breakfast place and I really enjoyed the meals.

   photo IMG_2546_zps1e3cf9b1.jpg  photo IMG_0998_zps8cc7b8ee.jpg  photo IMG_2548_zps09d5483c.jpg

His dish - Mushrooms in our basil pesto on fat toast
Big portion, big fat mushroom and it was delicious!

   photo IMG_2551_zps51fc7063.jpg

Pulled pork, mushy peas and mint/dill/rocket salad poached eggs. 
With the hint of mints, I don't taste this dish as greasy breakfast. Fresh salad and the toast with mushy peas, it's all perfectly matched well.

Oh wait, you might thought I have skipped lunch. No, I didn't. It just that the lunch wasn't impressive at all. We had burger in food court of Rundle Mall, but it was really bad and it's not worth mentioning.

Friend of mine recommended A Mother's Milk. Unfortunately, I only had a day in Adelaide which I could only have one breakfast, one lunch and one dinner. Guess, I will save it for next trip to Adelaide!

 photo IMG_2552_zps6f47212e.jpg
Big Table on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. That food is look so delicious dear and interesting place too :D
    WWW.PUTRIVALENTINALIM.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...